- Structure Search - Search by typing a structure name or abbreviation and choose from a list of suggestions from the Structure Hierarchy.
- Structure Hierarchy - please A structure hierarchy specific to the atlas being viewed. Please see the Reference Atlas (2011) whitepaper in the Documentation tab of the Atlas page for more information.
- Main Image Viewer - A Zoom and Pan (ZAP) Image Viewer showing the thumbnail section outlined in blue below the image.
- On-screen Navigation Bar - Mouse operated navigation buttons that allow for zooming, panning and moving through the thumbnail images. Also indicates the image section number as well as the zoom parameters.
- Structure Metadata - Indicates the current atlas view, and shows the name and abbreviation of the structure the mouse is currently hovering over.
- Atlas/Neuroanatomic Guide Selection Menu - A drop-down menu that allows you to choose from each of the atlases or guides available via the IAV.
- Alternative Background Images - A drop-down menu that allows you to choose between the Atlas (default) or the Nissl images as a background view.
- Settings Menu - A drop-down menu that allows you to toggle views in the image viewer (Metadata, annotations) as well as download images.