ALLEN BRAIN EXPLORER
The Allen Brain Explorer (beta) is an application that allows users to browse multimodal datasets in an annotated 3D spatial framework. The most recent release of this application is an integrated web-based navigator, allowing users to explore the Allen Mouse Brain Connectivity Atlas projection data and Allen Reference Atlas (ARA) in a standardized coordinate space.
The Brain Explorer 2 software is a desktop application for viewing the Allen Mouse Brain Connectivity Atlas projection data and the Allen Mouse Brain Atlas gene expression data in the framework of the Allen Reference Atlas (ARA). This downloadable software will be discontinued in 2019, as improved functionality and new features will be available via an integrated web-based platform. Updates to this software will be discontinued after that time.
Using the Brain Explorer 2 software, users can:
- View a fully interactive version of the ARA in 3D.
- View projection and gene expression data in 3D at 200 μm3 resolution.
- View projection and expression data from multiple image series superimposed on each other in 3D.
- Navigate the high-resolution 2D projection and ISH images using the 3D model.
- Link to associated specimen and experimental metadata in the Allen Mouse Brain Atlas and Connectivity web applications.