- Interrogate intrinsic membrane mechanisms that underlie the input/output function of neurons
- Linear and non-linear subthreshold properties A2.
- Action potential initiation and propagation A3.
- Understand aspects of neural response properties in vivo
- Stimulation frequency dependence (theta vs. gamma) of spike initiation mechanisms
- Ion channel states due to different resting potentials in vivo
- Construct and test computational models of varying complexity emulating the neural response to stereotyped stimuli
- Generalized leaky-integrate-and-fire (GLIF) models
- Biophysically and morphologically realistic conductance-based compartmental models